#1 Jay

Jay

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 237 posts
  • LocationAmherst

Posted 19 October 2010 - 06:50 PM

Looking for some info on a rifle I got from my Dad ,it's a 308 cal ,the only markings on it are Voere Kufstein Austria on the barrel ,StLf3 on top of chamber ,P-80591 on the side of the chamber and couple of illedgable stamps followed by 72 on opposite side of chamber
Posted Image
Posted Image

#2 Caleb

Caleb

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 839 posts
  • LocationBridgewater, Nova Scotia

Posted 19 October 2010 - 07:13 PM

Looks to me like what you've got there is a mauser 98. Not 100% sure but that would be my guess. Many different manufacturers and came in large and small diameter barrels. Do you have any pictures of the markings, and what does the registration say is the make/model?
If we aren't meant to eat animals, then why are they made of meat?

#3 7mmBR

7mmBR

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 205 posts
  • Locationnear Lower Sackville

Posted 19 October 2010 - 07:30 PM

You have a Voere model STLF3. This is a commercial mauser type action. P-80591 is the ser # and should ALSO be on the left side of receiver ring proving bbl is original. Doesn't say for STLF3 but I would check if you have a set trigger. When cocked, if pushing backwards on the trigger gives a click you will have a HAIR trigger to fire. Voere are quality rifles, nice piece!

#4 Haggis Eater

Haggis Eater

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 20 October 2010 - 03:28 AM

There are two Voere companies, one in Germany and this one in Kufstein, Austria. They still make Mauser-actioned rifles and they look very fine indeed!

A small correction to 7mmBR - if you have a single set trigger, pushing it forward toward the muzzle will set it as a hair trigger. If you don't do so, it'll just be a regular trigger pull. The set function is best used only on a range...

The website at www.voere.com shows some really interesting stuff, including caseless ammunition and the XXL safari rifle with an almost comically oversized bolt.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users