131 replies to this topic

#121 Clearcut

Clearcut

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 479 posts

Posted 10 February 2017 - 08:14 PM

Yup, still taking hair samples at Acadia.

Think there will be an attempt at a new bear study this Spring too........

Okay . I will get bait barrel ready . I had a bear there last year 3 rd week in March.

#122 mack11

mack11

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,262 posts
  • LocationPictou County

Posted 27 February 2017 - 06:21 PM

So any word on a spring hunt? These past couple days are really starting to feel like spring. Got the barrel ready the other day did a bit of fixing that needed to be done. Cant wait now..

#123 nomad

nomad

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,574 posts
  • LocationLingan

Posted 28 February 2017 - 10:31 AM

So any word on a spring hunt? These past couple days are really starting to feel like spring. Got the barrel ready the other day did a bit of fixing that needed to be done. Cant wait now..

Still doing the "study" from what I gather. Like everything else in NS, the wheels of progress turn slow and someone is always there to jam a stick in the spokes.
I am a gun enthusiast. In fact, I guess you could call me one of the "nutz". Don't like it? Too f#%<in bad!!!

#124 bea

bea

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,190 posts

Posted 28 February 2017 - 10:35 AM

Still doing the "study" from what I gather. Like everything else in NS, the wheels of progress turn slow and someone is always there to jam a stick in the spokes.

slow is an understatement.....but sticks in the spokes or not...the wheels are still turning...albeit pretty slow.....hopefully maybe an update after this years Federations AGM...which I think must be pretty soon

every man will die...but not every man will have lived...http://www.beas-outdoor-adventures.com/index.html

#125 Tripple D

Tripple D

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 665 posts
  • LocationHfx

Posted 02 March 2017 - 12:00 AM

MWO- that's not good news.Dont shoot the messenger guys.
Thanks for the news though.
SOMEONE told me l could stop holding my breathe-when l remember who...........
Everyone out there in NSH land have a super duper day and please store your guns in a safe manner 🇨🇦🏌️‍♀️🎱🦌🤠

#126 Clearcut

Clearcut

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 479 posts

Posted 02 March 2017 - 02:40 AM

If there is ever s spring hunt it won't be leaked. The minister usually makes such announcements at a news coverage

#127 beaverhunter

beaverhunter

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 499 posts
  • LocationAppalachia

Posted 05 March 2017 - 09:37 PM

slow is an understatement.....but sticks in the spokes or not...the wheels are still turning...albeit pretty slow.....hopefully maybe an update after this years Federations AGM...which I think must be pretty soon

Is this one of the federations plans? Or will they step away from it once a special interest group complains?  Or are they pushing the Spring Bear Hunt using non-lead ammo only?

mqdefault.jpgab072989328f3b31f3b5865afa43dd74.jpg

I remember watching bambi for the first time when I was little and my favourite part
was when they killed bambi's mother because I knew somwhere the hunters
family was eating good that night never understood why they made him out to be the
bad guy.

We are advised to NOT judge ALL Muslims by the actions of a few lunatics, but We are encouraged to judge ALL gun owners by the actions of a few lunatics. Funny how that works.

Gotta Love The Nova Scotia Federation of Anti Hunters

#128 bea

bea

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,190 posts

Posted 06 March 2017 - 12:51 PM

Is this one of the federations plans? Or will they step away from it once a special interest group complains?  Or are they pushing the Spring Bear Hunt using non-lead ammo only?

1) its something they support.

2) I doubt it

3) I doubt it

Hope that answers your questions. That's just my opinion....you could ask them directly for a more concise answer though. But those are my thoughts.

Who are you helping push a spring bear season, or any advancement in hunting in this Province?  Just curious.

every man will die...but not every man will have lived...http://www.beas-outdoor-adventures.com/index.html

#129 magoo1

magoo1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,000 posts
  • LocationFall River

Posted 06 March 2017 - 02:00 PM

1) its something they support.

2) I doubt it

3) I doubt it

Hope that answers your questions. That's just my opinion....you could ask them directly for a more concise answer though. But those are my thoughts.

Who are you helping push a spring bear season, or any advancement in hunting in this Province?  Just curious.

Great question and I'm curious too.  I happen to know that the Federation is promoting a Spring Bear Hunt and whether it happens or not this year isn't because the Fed. isn't on side. Any serious bear hunter on this site has to know that. 

btw, I have never bear hunted nor have the interest but will always support this hunting activity for the ones who do. We need to be more supportive of our own community instead of divisive.  

#130 bea

bea

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,190 posts

Posted 06 March 2017 - 02:30 PM

maggoo...we still needa grab that coffee haha....

#131 Tripple D

Tripple D

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 665 posts
  • LocationHfx

Posted 06 March 2017 - 02:40 PM

Great question and I'm curious too.  I happen to know that the Federation is promoting a Spring Bear Hunt and whether it happens or not this year isn't because the Fed. isn't on side. Any serious bear hunter on this site has to know that. 

btw, I have never bear hunted nor have the interest but will always support this hunting activity for the ones who do. We need to be more supportive of our own community instead of divisive.

GOOD POST guy
Never hunted bears either but would like to try
All hunters and gun owners need to stick together and support related activities whether you do it yourself or not
Don't become victims of "divide and conquer"
Everyone out there in NSH land have a super duper day and please store your guns in a safe manner 🇨🇦🏌️‍♀️🎱🦌🤠

#132 louisbear

louisbear

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 163 posts
  • LocationWindsor, Nova Scotia

Posted 06 March 2017 - 02:49 PM

x2

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users