#61 Waye Out There

Waye Out There

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,985 posts
  • LocationJeddore

Posted 29 January 2017 - 06:00 PM

I wouldnt be totally against that wot at first glance....but how would u define Promote?  

This is exactly the type of response I was hoping  for lol I am not sure how to actually define "promote" but it there different wording that could be used to make sure the criteria reflects pro hunting and fishing activities.

#62 Clearcut

Clearcut

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 241 posts

Posted 29 January 2017 - 07:25 PM

When I look up the word federation in the dictionary it means to bring together .

#63 superslickie

superslickie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 925 posts
  • Locationmt uniacke

Posted 29 January 2017 - 08:49 PM

Back to the Eagle doctor....
She has replied to my FB post and says she is up to her eyes in sick eagles and that is the reason for not getting back to me. She will contact me when she gets a non toxic ammo I am looking for.
can i go hunting yet??

#64 Thunderstick

Thunderstick

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,330 posts

Posted 29 January 2017 - 11:33 PM

Back to the Eagle doctor....
She has replied to my FB post and says she is up to her eyes in sick eagles and that is the reason for not getting back to me. She will contact me when she gets a non toxic ammo I am looking for.

I am alarmed by how this situation is made to sound so dire, with no mention about other scavengers like crows, coyotes, bears, turkey vultures also found sick from bullet poisoning from gut piles. Seems very specific. Wonder what local vets see, hear, like the hope for wildlife center. 

#65 KEVIN

KEVIN

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,096 posts
  • LocationTERENCE BAY, NOVA SCOTIA.

Posted 30 January 2017 - 04:57 AM

Pretty sure that's where she's hanging her shingle on the chit house door !!!.....the enclosure looked like the same one.

If you take your kids hunting,.....You won't have to go hunting for your kids.....KS/85

#66 Bob LeBlanc

Bob LeBlanc

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,293 posts
  • LocationZone 106

Posted 30 January 2017 - 06:54 AM

This is exactly the type of response I was hoping  for lol I am not sure how to actually define "promote" but it there different wording that could be used to make sure the criteria reflects pro hunting and fishing activities.

"...groups intent on the Promotion, Preservation, and Expansion of trapping, and recreational hunting and angling opportunities in the province of Nova Scotia..."

People from industry and construction know that PPE = Personal Protective Equipment.

...and that's what the Federation should be...our front line protection against those who want to shut us down...IMHO ;)

Shoot straight...Shoot honest...Shoot every coyote you see.

#67 gary

gary

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,350 posts
  • Locationhants county

Posted 30 January 2017 - 07:09 AM

I'd make it plural and add the letter S.   

S for support.

#68 Ian

Ian

NSFAH President

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,764 posts
  • LocationHRM

Posted 30 January 2017 - 09:05 AM

There will be a motion coming out of the Trappers Association to have the constitution for NSFAH amended in reference to affiliate groups. The motion will be to have "like minded Groups" replaced with "groups who's primary function is to promote hunting and fishing in NS" (or words to that effect). Hopefully there are still enough real hunting and fishing groups controlling the vote to make this change because without it nothing is stopping the "like Minded Groups" from taking over what is supposed to be a federation of Anglers and Hunters  not a federation of tree huggers and nature lovers.

Are you referring to an Associate Membership?

Technically, all organizations / associations under the Federation umbrella are affiliates......

Those affiliates are divided into 2 categories:

1. Branch Associations under the Regular Membership.
OR
2. Non-Branch Associations under Associate Membership.

Also, where did you pull the phrase "like minded groups" from?

#69 Bob LeBlanc

Bob LeBlanc

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,293 posts
  • LocationZone 106

Posted 30 January 2017 - 10:19 AM

Are you referring to an Associate Membership?

Technically, all organizations / associations under the Federation umbrella are affiliates......

Those affiliates are divided into 2 categories:

1. Branch Associations under the Regular Membership.
OR
2. Non-Branch Associations under Associate Membership.

I think that the intent is (probably?) to ensure that voting delegates, in particular, are, indeed, interested and active in the furtherance of hunting, angling, and trapping...and are not working towards detrimental goals to hunting, angling, and trapping.

(ie. PeTA and Greenpeace, as example, need not apply)

As apparent as that is, 'outdoor' associations that have no direct influence / impact on hunting, trapping, and angling should (probably?) not have a vote either.

Fair statement WOT?

Perhaps you and WOT could discuss this, offline, so he knows the correct verbage (Branch, affiliate, Associate, etc., etc.) that needs to be addressed to accomplish his objective.

(I suggest 'offline' as it'll probably take some time to identify / clarify which is which)

It'd be great if you could help him out, Ian.

#70 Waye Out There

Waye Out There

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,985 posts
  • LocationJeddore

Posted 30 January 2017 - 01:46 PM

I think that the intent is (probably?) to ensure that voting delegates, in particular, are, indeed, interested and active in the furtherance of hunting, angling, and trapping...and are not working towards detrimental goals to hunting, angling, and trapping.

(ie. PeTA and Greenpeace, as example, need not apply)

As apparent as that is, 'outdoor' associations that have no direct influence / impact on hunting, trapping, and angling should (probably?) not have a vote either.

Fair statement WOT?

Perhaps you and WOT could discuss this, offline, so he knows the correct verbage (Branch, affiliate, Associate, etc., etc.) that needs to be addressed to accomplish his objective.

(I suggest 'offline' as it'll probably take some time to identify / clarify which is which)

It'd be great if you could help him out, Ian.

You are correct Bob, the intent is to ensure that any member clubs are clubs that promote hunting and fishing and not just the conservation of wildlife. When you look at the list of member clubs there are a whole lot of wildlife clubs listed. If your club does not promote hunting and fishing then in my opinion that club should not have any part of the federation of hunters and anglers.

#71 Waye Out There

Waye Out There

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,985 posts
  • LocationJeddore

Posted 30 January 2017 - 01:51 PM

Maybe not a direct quote from the constitution but the meaning is the same.

#72 bea

bea

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,027 posts

Posted 30 January 2017 - 01:53 PM

the intent is to ensure that any member clubs are clubs that promote hunting and fishing and not just the conservation of wildlife. 

I've gotta ask......what about clubs that do both?  Or do you think they can be one and the same?

every man will die...but not every man will have lived...http://www.beas-outdoor-adventures.com/index.html

#73 Bob LeBlanc

Bob LeBlanc

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,293 posts
  • LocationZone 106

Posted 30 January 2017 - 03:56 PM

...When you look at the list of member clubs there are a whole lot of wildlife clubs listed. If your club does not promote hunting and fishing then in my opinion that club should not have any part of the federation of hunters and anglers.

I took a look at that current listing, WOT.

Just as an FYI, the 'Wildlife Associations' that list there are true hunting and angling participants...except for one ;).. which seems to have lost its roots and way.

The others are legitimate benefactors of the Federation...(if that was your concern) 

#74 Waye Out There

Waye Out There

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,985 posts
  • LocationJeddore

Posted 30 January 2017 - 04:13 PM

the intent is to ensure that any member clubs are clubs that promote hunting and fishing and not just the conservation of wildlife. 

I've gotta ask......what about clubs that do both?  Or do you think they can be one and the same?

I assume they can do both actually I expect any club that promotes hunting and fishing will also promote the conservation of wildlife but I can see where clubs that promote conservation of wildlife might not promote hunting and fishing and there for in my opinion do not have a place under the federation of anglers and hunters.

#75 Waye Out There

Waye Out There

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,985 posts
  • LocationJeddore

Posted 30 January 2017 - 04:15 PM

I took a look at that current listing, WOT.

Just as an FYI, the 'Wildlife Associations' that list there are true hunting and angling participants...except for one ;).. which seems to have lost its roots and way.

The others are legitimate benefactors of the Federation...(if that was your concern) 

My concern is that is we do not put something in place we may soon have many more than 1 and as the old saying goes it is no good to close the gate after the stock has run away.

#76 bea

bea

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,027 posts

Posted 30 January 2017 - 04:28 PM

I assume they can do both actually I expect any club that promotes hunting and fishing will also promote the conservation of wildlife but I can see where clubs that promote conservation of wildlife might not promote hunting and fishing and there for in my opinion do not have a place under the federation of anglers and hunters.

cool and fair enough. 

every man will die...but not every man will have lived...http://www.beas-outdoor-adventures.com/index.html

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users