#141 Buckmark

Buckmark

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 214 posts
  • LocationBridgewater

Posted 26 March 2017 - 07:35 AM

I certainly hope it's not caused by the farmers. They do a wonderful thing by feeding the eagles during the winter. I wonder.....has anyone done any testing on these dead chickens ?? I can't see them having traces of lead in them, but you never know.

#142 3macs1

3macs1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,621 posts
  • LocationCape Breton

Posted 26 March 2017 - 08:15 AM

I certainly hope it's not caused by the farmers. They do a wonderful thing by feeding the eagles during the winter. I wonder.....has anyone done any testing on these dead chickens ?? I can't see them having traces of lead in them, but you never know.

They test nothing for lead not even the fish in the ocean which would be a good starting point, mercury yes lead no

Plusl I shared this here already about the hobby farmer coming to my place to buy some bags of lead shot I had on kijiji for sale maybe in december

He didnot know that lead would kill eagles until he seen it on the news and was tired of them taking his free range chickens so this would be a win for him, no more eagles around his place and gut piles get the blame

Did I sell him lead NO but not hard for him to get a source

Just seems real strange to me normally in other areas eagles start showing up they say with the start of big game seasons not three months after they are all closed

I have other thoughts on this also but will keep them to myself at this stage. Too many years of my career doing root cause analysis reports for failures to accept it is solely hunters bullets and fisherman's weights. They are a small piece of this issue IMO especially in march

Cheers

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users