#21 coxheathhills

coxheathhills

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 161 posts
  • Locationcoxheath

Posted 28 January 2017 - 07:35 AM

thats where you wrong ,if you were white and went onto someones property without permission fired 5 shots killed 3 moose and wounded  another and left it to suffer and were in illegal possession of a firearm and ammunition ..you would be charged by the crown.

#22 Bob LeBlanc

Bob LeBlanc

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,309 posts
  • LocationZone 106

Posted 28 January 2017 - 07:50 AM

"I am still waiting for someone to show me what was illegal in the article and how it would differ if the parties in question were white"
Sorry, let me clarify, I meant in the context of what would be illegal for white but not a Native...

Aside from the fact it was a closed season? :huh:

The homeowner, who asked not to be named, confirmed to CBC that a group of men asked to hunt on his property the day before the moose were shot.

He said he turned them away because there are too many family homes near his property and moose-hunting season is over.

Also...Just because charges are not laid or pursued does not mean that an illegal act was not committed. It simply means a conviction for the illegal activity is not going to be pursued.

It is not a conclusion or determination that the action was legal.

Shoot straight...Shoot honest...Shoot every coyote you see.

#23 First Nation HUNTER

First Nation HUNTER

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,116 posts
  • LocationNB

Posted 28 January 2017 - 10:04 AM

The non-natives season was over,  yes -- but that doesnt apply here (ex: I hunt outside my provinces "season" date, but "I am not doing anything wrong or illegal because of it".)  :huh:  :huh:
in the grand scheme of the article, it isn't relative...the time they are hunting is and was just as legal as someone hunting with a tag during a "season" .(Simply put) 

There is no reason to try to turn it down that path..

Also, I didnt say some of the acts weren't illegal, *tresppassing is illegal in AB, not contesting that fact*...I simply asked for the difference if it was white hunters in the article-- during an "open moose season" for "them" .

---

Cox .. did you read the article?

""In order to proceed with charges related to hunting on occupied land without permission, officers need an official statement from the landowner saying that permission was not, in fact, granted," spokesperson Brendan Cox wrote in a statement to CBC News.

"In this case, it was the landowner's decision not to provide an official statement.  "AND" There was no evidence of any other offences."

If am missing something (which is possible), please enlighten me.

"If they run, they'll just die tired"

browning_sig-exp_zpsa59d45fb.png

- Browning BLR PG, .300wsm
- Savage Model 111, .270win
- Savage Model 11, .243
- My trusty 1958 Winchester model 12, 12ga
- Limbsaver dz30, Easton FMJ and a muzzy

#24 coxheathhills

coxheathhills

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 161 posts
  • Locationcoxheath

Posted 28 January 2017 - 11:58 AM

ignorance is bliss :rolleyes:

#25 First Nation HUNTER

First Nation HUNTER

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,116 posts
  • LocationNB

Posted 28 January 2017 - 12:27 PM

Thats all you have for a reply? .. So, basically you don't have an answer for me...
Thats fine with me.  ;)

Now once again...
For the record.. (like i asked before did you read the article cox?)
you say.. "if you were white ...and were in illegal possession of a firearm and ammunition ..you would be charged by the crown."

Even the title of the article says.."Man charged".. and in the body of the article it also says.."man faces a charge of unauthorized possession of a firearm"

-thats pretty clear.. along with all the other info, which has squat to do with being Native or white.-  (unless you try, for whatever reason, to make it into more than it is)

"If they run, they'll just die tired"

browning_sig-exp_zpsa59d45fb.png

- Browning BLR PG, .300wsm
- Savage Model 111, .270win
- Savage Model 11, .243
- My trusty 1958 Winchester model 12, 12ga
- Limbsaver dz30, Easton FMJ and a muzzy

#26 coxheathhills

coxheathhills

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 161 posts
  • Locationcoxheath

Posted 28 January 2017 - 04:41 PM

Yes that's pretty much it.cant really make this right no matter how you spin it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users