#1 Buckmark

Buckmark

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 164 posts
  • LocationBridgewater

Posted 15 February 2017 - 04:37 AM

Does anyone know if it's possible to buy guns from the states ?? I'm looking for a certain rifle. I can find them in the states, but not in Canada. Do I have to go through a broker ? Any help would be appreciated.

#2 labradort

labradort

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 149 posts
  • LocationAnnapolis Valley

Posted 15 February 2017 - 05:48 AM

I would specify the gun model and ask on one of the Canadian firearms forums.  If it is legal in Canada, there is probably someone selling it, just a question of finding the retailer.  Not everything related to firearms and retail is searchable with google.

#3 Wayne

Wayne

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 284 posts
  • LocationParkdale

Posted 15 February 2017 - 06:57 AM

You can buy firearms from the usa by using and importer. Two that I know of in Canada is Prophet River and Irunguns.ca

Things that I have witnessed over the last 20-40 years. Society has become devoid of common sense and reasoning skills. Idiots breeding more idiots who are led by the nose through simple flashing lights from their iphones and other gadgets. Not only are they told what to think and what to do all under the BS of " social connectedness" but they pay a monthly fee for it.

#4 junkyard

junkyard

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 55 posts

Posted 15 February 2017 - 09:21 AM

Has anyone on this site dealt with I run Guns, they have a add on Can Gun Nutz

#5 mack11

mack11

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,248 posts
  • LocationPictou County

Posted 15 February 2017 - 05:24 PM

Go with prophet river. And be ready to spend a lot more money then you thought.

#6 KEVIN

KEVIN

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,096 posts
  • LocationTERENCE BAY, NOVA SCOTIA.

Posted 15 February 2017 - 06:57 PM

X2...esp with the CD sucking the hind teat !!

If you take your kids hunting,.....You won't have to go hunting for your kids.....KS/85

#7 beaverhunter

beaverhunter

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 432 posts
  • LocationAppalachia

Posted 15 February 2017 - 08:34 PM

I have dealt with both Prophet River and irunguns

mqdefault.jpgab072989328f3b31f3b5865afa43dd74.jpg

I remember watching bambi for the first time when I was little and my favourite part
was when they killed bambi's mother because I knew somwhere the hunters
family was eating good that night never understood why they made him out to be the
bad guy.

We are advised to NOT judge ALL Muslims by the actions of a few lunatics, but We are encouraged to judge ALL gun owners by the actions of a few lunatics. Funny how that works.

F*ck The Nova Scotia Federation of Anti Hunters

#8 superslickie

superslickie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 925 posts
  • Locationmt uniacke

Posted 15 February 2017 - 08:45 PM

I know someone who has been through the process in the last year, a $1000usd firearm shipped to the broker, then verification to make sure it was the same thing it was supposed to be, then shipped to him. Think it ended up about $2000cdn.
Then a trip to visit the gunsmith to fix a firing pin.
Working like a charm now and it handles well.
In case you wonder it was a win 94410
can i go hunting yet??

#9 Wendell

Wendell

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 99 posts

Posted 15 February 2017 - 10:57 PM

Does anyone know if it's possible to buy guns from the states ?? I'm looking for a certain rifle. I can find them in the states, but not in Canada. Do I have to go through a broker ? Any help would be appreciated.

You need to use a licensed exporter. Here are a few:

http://store.prophet.../Importing.html

http://www.borderview.com/

http://hurricanebutt...eign-collectors

https://www.joesalter.ca/

#10 Buckmark

Buckmark

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 164 posts
  • LocationBridgewater

Posted 16 February 2017 - 04:54 PM

Thanks guys. I will check into some of the dealers mentioned.

#11 samsquanch

samsquanch

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 144 posts
  • LocationSouth Shore

Posted 16 February 2017 - 08:13 PM

I have purchased a rifle and a shotgun from IRUNGUNS .  Averaged about 4 to 6 weeks until I received the firearms.

I saved money even with the exchange rate between U.S and Canadian dollar in both cases over buying locally. Both firearms were on sale on the U.S. site .

I saved $172.00 on the rifle compared to local prices and the shotgun was not available in Canada ( no dealers) and was a good deal as well.

I try to support local business when I can but it seemed the did not want my business.

I tried buying  two rifles through a local gun dealer and was lied to both times that the rifles were ordered when they were not.

Canadian Tire did not seem interested as well and was not knowledgeable of the firearms.

Spencer at IRUNGUNS Canadian office is awesome to deal with . He said they were expanding their number of staff and hours to keep up with business.

Apparently I am not the only one that had go south of the border to get what I wanted.

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users