6 replies to this topic

#1 mob

mob

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 20 May 2017 - 01:43 PM

Here's to the old man covers where the trail is less steep and the path more worn by years of use

Here's to old dogs, some still here some have gone on still they have that special place in heart and mind.

Here's to the spring and fall quacking and honking each heralds a beginning one of new life one of a new season

Here's to blinds, covers and swales where passion for the hunt is talked but can not be explained for it is a part of your being

Here's to cold crisp fall days with leaves the colors only surpassed by cackling roosters or drake woodies

Here's to  grouse, woodcock, and pheasant  caught by the point and or flushed up high

Here's to the bay of the hound whose call echoes through your soul

Here's to friends  and family  some share your passion some do not but each are special in themselves..

Here's to the young who enter the hunt, eager minds working like a sponge eating up your words and ways

Here's to pups who stumble and fall that get fooled by old roosters, waterfowl, and small game God I love them all from pointers, flushers, retrievers and hounds

Here's to young dogs in their prime their days of being fooled are gone they know their game.

Here's to shotguns and those who shoot may you pass the passion on.

Here's to the memories and stories told of now and then of training times and hunts

Here's to the Upland,  Small game,and Waterfowl

Here's to you as I raise my glass of cheer a salute, a toast, a gesture of good will to each and all be it winter spring summer or fall  

#2 Chesador

Chesador

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 375 posts
  • LocationCape Breton

Posted 20 May 2017 - 08:41 PM

Hers's to those that have lived to see it all. They carry the memories well in to their years. Cheers.

#3 SoylentD

SoylentD

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 24 May 2017 - 09:39 AM

Here's to staying postive! ...but testing negative.

#4 KEVIN

KEVIN

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 6,521 posts
  • LocationTERENCE BAY, NOVA SCOTIA.

Posted 24 May 2017 - 02:25 PM

This is a Newfie "here's too" passed down to me by a family member.

Here's to ya,

If I hadn't have met ya,

I mightn't have let ya,

but beins I met ya,

I bet ya, I let ya, again !! 

If you take your kids hunting,.....You won't have to go hunting for your kids.....KS/85

#5 onlya6pt

onlya6pt

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 347 posts

Posted 25 May 2017 - 09:07 PM

MOB, great post, you sure got me thinking about why hunting birds has become so important to me in my later years.

#6 KEVIN

KEVIN

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 6,521 posts
  • LocationTERENCE BAY, NOVA SCOTIA.

Posted 27 May 2017 - 03:31 AM

MOB....very nicely put. Sure jogs the old memory. There's not one of them that hasn't crossed a hunters mind...esp one with kids that they're introducing to it.
Thanks for posting.
If you take your kids hunting,.....You won't have to go hunting for your kids.....KS/85

#7 KC1751

KC1751

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 319 posts

Posted 28 May 2017 - 05:06 AM

here's to cool crisp mornings; leaves falling; your favourite gun; walking down a hundred year old road looking for that bird; the one that startles you despite your focus on him; the smell of gunpowder in the air and the one that got away 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users