24 replies to this topic

#1 hunternut

hunternut

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 58 posts

Posted 01 June 2017 - 08:16 AM

Does anyone have the inside scoop when the draw is ?? DNR doesn't seem to know yet...... I assume it's in Port Hawkesbury again ?  I'd like to watch the live feed

#2 hunternut

hunternut

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 58 posts

Posted 02 June 2017 - 06:41 PM

Late June

#3 mat50177

mat50177

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
  • LocationSydney

Posted 08 June 2017 - 05:35 AM

were is the draw this year?????

#4 beaverhunter

beaverhunter

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 533 posts
  • LocationAppalachia

Posted 08 June 2017 - 04:37 PM

June 22 according to the DNR website, will be streamed on the federation website
mqdefault.jpgab072989328f3b31f3b5865afa43dd74.jpg

I remember watching bambi for the first time when I was little and my favourite part
was when they killed bambi's mother because I knew somwhere the hunters
family was eating good that night never understood why they made him out to be the
bad guy.

We are advised to NOT judge ALL Muslims by the actions of a few lunatics, but We are encouraged to judge ALL gun owners by the actions of a few lunatics. Funny how that works.

Gotta Love The Nova Scotia Federation of Anti Hunters

#5 IBVFD

IBVFD

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 279 posts

Posted 19 June 2017 - 10:30 AM

default-md_02.gif

The 2017 Nova Scotia moose draw will occur on Thursday, June 22, 2017 starting at 11:00am. The draw will be provided by live-stream webcast only. There has been declining attendance at the public event over the last few years and a growing number of online viewers, which was one of the deciding factors for hosting via live-stream only.

As in previous years, the winner names will be announced on a live-streamed webcast available online at: www.nsfah.ca beginning at 11:00am. Winners will also be notified by mail.

Applicants can check their individual results, using their Wildlife Resources Card number, starting June 26, 2017. Applicants will know that the results are available online once the "Check Results" link is visible.

#6 lunker

lunker

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 121 posts
  • Locationcolchester county

Posted 20 June 2017 - 04:06 PM

i wish someone would record the names of the winners and provide a link or list them here ! always seems like an eternity waiting to see ! 

Hoyt carbon spyder 30 - Savage11/111 THXP 270wsm

#7 Tripple D

Tripple D

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 949 posts
  • LocationHfx

Posted 20 June 2017 - 04:16 PM

i wish someone would record the names of the winners and provide a link or list them here ! always seems like an eternity waiting to see !

Great idea fella! So --- feel free to post it on the site,I'll just wait and check here!
Everyone out there in NSH land have a super duper day and please store your guns in a safe manner 🇨🇦🏌️‍♀️🎱🦌🤠

#8 beaverhunter

beaverhunter

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 533 posts
  • LocationAppalachia

Posted 20 June 2017 - 06:02 PM

It would be nice to see a list of names from this year and years past to see if the whole "this person gets drawn every year" actually holds any water.

I remember watching bambi for the first time when I was little and my favourite part
family was eating good that night never understood why they made him out to be the
bad guy.

We are advised to NOT judge ALL Muslims by the actions of a few lunatics, but We are encouraged to judge ALL gun owners by the actions of a few lunatics. Funny how that works.

#9 3macs1

3macs1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,720 posts
  • LocationCape Breton

Posted 21 June 2017 - 06:01 AM

It would be nice to see a list of names from this year and years past to see if the whole "this person gets drawn every year" actually holds any water.

Not so much drawn every year but how about a 86 year old dude that has been in a home and pretty much in bed for about 7 years and cannot walk to the bathroom and has maybe 4 of 52 cards left or a brother that has not been living here for 25 years and in alberta

They will never show details IMO since stuff like this comes to light

Example my brother qualifies and he has not lived in canada for almost 20 years and no I don't put his name in

Time to take a hard look if they want to make it right and truly fair which it is not today

Cheers

#10 slinky

slinky

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 81 posts
  • LocationTruro

Posted 21 June 2017 - 09:16 PM

Good Luck Tomorrow to all those who entered the draw.

#11 gary

gary

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,462 posts
  • Locationhants county

Posted 22 June 2017 - 04:21 AM

ditto on Slinkeys post - best of luck to all.

#12 beaverhunter

beaverhunter

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 533 posts
  • LocationAppalachia

Posted 22 June 2017 - 10:31 AM

Looks like the Gould family from Amherst Cumberland County will have lots of moose meat, they have like 5 tags drawn already.

bad guy.

#13 orso

orso

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • LocationCape Breton

Posted 22 June 2017 - 11:20 AM

Congrats to the people who were drawn today

#14 Thunderstick

Thunderstick

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,399 posts

Posted 22 June 2017 - 11:41 AM

Looks like the Gould family from Amherst Cumberland County will have lots of moose meat, they have like 5 tags drawn already.

Yah I noticed that, if its all the same that's pretty crazy odds. With a little bit of luck maybe the moose hunting fare will get to continue another year also. Congrats to those who for the first time got picked, may your hunt be successful.

#15 Ian

Ian

NSFAH President

• Moderators
  • 1,857 posts
  • LocationHRM

Posted 22 June 2017 - 01:13 PM

Well that was fun!

Congratulations to all the winners, take lots of pictures! - hang in there supplemental winners, you may still get an opportunity this year.

If you missed the Live Stream feed from our secret bunker, its been archived to YouTube so you can watch it again and again....

The 2016 webcast is also on YouTube for those of you who what to re-live the moment you were drawn, just search 2016 Nova Scotia Moose Lottery on YouTube.

#16 DH11

DH11

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 22 June 2017 - 06:14 PM

Drew zone 5, this should be fun!

#17 linnie

linnie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,218 posts
  • LocationTruro

Posted 22 June 2017 - 08:49 PM

Drew zone 5, this should be fun!

Congrats!!

Hope you have an awesome hunt.

Don't bite the hand that feeds you

#18 KEVIN

KEVIN

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 6,521 posts
  • LocationTERENCE BAY, NOVA SCOTIA.

Posted 23 June 2017 - 05:42 AM

Congrats to all the lucky moose draw winners !!!

The stars were not aligned for our little group :( , however, there were three people from the village here who got picked.

One of em was my nieces hubby !

The lil wifey called him as soon as his name came out...he was almost in shock...lol

They were here the night before for coffee and we were chatting about it.(the draw).

He was down as a companion hunter with his best friend a few years back...looks like they'll be trying to gitterdun again !

If you take your kids hunting,.....You won't have to go hunting for your kids.....KS/85

#19 Tripple D

Tripple D

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 949 posts
  • LocationHfx

Posted 23 June 2017 - 07:05 PM

Yeah congrats to all who triumphed,
Kevin- if your nephew ( in- law I guess) is smart he will take you with him!
Everyone out there in NSH land have a super duper day and please store your guns in a safe manner 🇨🇦🏌️‍♀️🎱🦌🤠

#20 nomad

nomad

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,630 posts
  • LocationLingan

Posted 23 June 2017 - 08:49 PM

Well suprise suprise! 0 for 31.......#%^*$> farce!!
I am a gun enthusiast. In fact, I guess you could call me one of the "nutz". Don't like it? Too f#%<in bad!!!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users