#1 p14shooter

p14shooter

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 47 posts
  • LocationBridgewater

Posted 08 June 2017 - 07:30 PM

Please send all questions to me (Paul) at pfairclough@eastlink.ca as I do not check this site as often as I should

Are you interested in rimfire silhouette shooting?  Heard about it, but not sure if you are interested?  Have not heard about it but would like to find out more?  Well, I am trying to find out if there is enough interest around to try and support and develop a program. On July 15, I am going to hold a discovery session, for both you and me, at the Lunenburg Rod and Gun club.  I would like to run it similar to a real match without the pressures of a match, so as to give everyone participating a chance to see what the time limits really are, what equipment you may need, how long it takes to run a match, range safety during a match, etc. 

For those of you who have not heard of it, give it a google and take a look at the videos.  You could say it is a combination of bullseye shooting mixed with the instant feedback of skeet shooting.  The big difference between what is shown in the videos and what is happening that day is there will only be a single swinging target at each of the distances instead of the falling plates for the regulation size targets.  I hope to have some other knock down targets there for anyone who would like to try it with open sights as the regulation size targets are small.  The chicken is just over 2 inches at 40m.

There are some things you will need to be aware of before coming out that day if you want it give it a try. 
You will need a 22lr (single shot, semi, pump, repeater) does not matter what.
A scope you know how to use.  At a match you do not sight in at every distance, but we will be this day just so everyone can get comfortable with it. You should know your scope changes before you arrive though to make it as painless as possible.  I will have rough changes for you if you do not.  You should have a minimum of a 9x scope but even that is hard to see your shots at 100yds.  16-24x is better
If you are not shooting, you will be expected to help a fellow shooter on the line if (s)he asks for it, as well as keep their score. (It is still not a real match, but we may as well see how well we do at it).
High velocity ammunition such as stingers will not be allowed because of possible damage to the targets.  Standard velocity is preferred, but HV such as dynapoints are OK.
You will be asked to give your opinion at the end as to if this is something that could get you excited about shooting again.
Eye and ear protection is required on and in close proximity to the line.  Please make sure you bring your own.

You need to get in touch with me before hand if you are planning on attending, if for nothing else, then to get notice if the day will be cancelled.  Although we do have a covered firing point, and I will go out in a little rain, if it calls for a downpour, I will cancel it.

This is open to everyone, however, non members will have a $5 fee charged to them.

I have to limit the number of shooters coming to make sure everyone gets to complete the full course. Preference will be given to LRGC members first and then I will fill in the remaining spots on a FCFS basis.

The goal is to have the first shot downrange at 10am, so you should arrive no later than 915 to go through a range safety briefing for the day as well as see how the course of fire will be.

This will be a learning session for me as well as I have not organized a shoot in this discipline before so bare with me if there are a few hiccups along the way.

At the bottom of the page on the 3rd link listed below are the scale versions of the targets.  There is a one inch mark on the page so you know if they are the correct size when you print them off.  Please take note.   The Ram will be at 100 YARDS, not 100 meters when you are getting your scope worked out.

Here are a couple links of interest.
http://www.brgainc.c...uette_Rules.pdf (rules for the detailed minded)

http://www.sunnyvale...ouette#TheMatch
https://youtu.be/OQB4LeNgM5o

#2 KEVIN

KEVIN

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 6,521 posts
  • LocationTERENCE BAY, NOVA SCOTIA.

Posted 08 June 2017 - 10:35 PM

I think that would be a blast !

Last time I competed in small bore was at the AMA range in Dartmouth wayyyyy back in' 86 using peep sights !

If you take your kids hunting,.....You won't have to go hunting for your kids.....KS/85

#3 Rembolt

Rembolt

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,944 posts
  • LocationDartmouth

Posted 09 June 2017 - 04:25 AM

This would be a lot of fun and has my interest .

Citori 725 Sporting
Maxus Stalker
Citori Lighting Micro
Citori Lighting 20 ga
A5 ( not your grandpa's A5 )

#4 Rembolt

Rembolt

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,944 posts
  • LocationDartmouth

Posted 17 June 2017 - 04:44 PM

Had a message from Paul today still spots available for the rimfire silhouette at lrgc on the 15th july .this shoot will be a lot of fun come out and try it.

Citori 725 Sporting
Maxus Stalker
Citori Lighting Micro
Citori Lighting 20 ga
A5 ( not your grandpa's A5 )

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users