#1 Tripple D

Tripple D

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 949 posts
  • LocationHfx

Posted 14 June 2017 - 09:33 PM

Prohib handguns 12 (6) can only be inherited If said gun was manufactured before 1945 or46 ( not sure of exact yr) and the person inheriting already has a RPAL.Anything manufactured after that date cannot be inherited and must be turned in or sold by the executor.
Everyone out there in NSH land have a super duper day and please store your guns in a safe manner 🇨🇦🏌️‍♀️🎱🦌🤠

#2 bakerpete

bakerpete

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 749 posts
  • Locationhammonds plains

Posted 15 June 2017 - 03:51 PM

Not 100% sure but i think whoever wants to inherit the firearm must have the 12(6)  prohibited classification on their RPAL .

Wish i had half the skill with a rifle my dad had(rest in peace  Dad).

#3 Tripple D

Tripple D

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 949 posts
  • LocationHfx

Posted 15 June 2017 - 09:17 PM

Not 100% sure but i think whoever wants to inherit the firearm must have the 12(6)  prohibited classification on their RPAL .

No I don't think so; I think there is a provision that re-classes the person whom inherits to 12(7).Going to have to call ns firearms office and get a copy of the act/bill and check it out I guess.Just thought someone here might know for sure.
Everyone out there in NSH land have a super duper day and please store your guns in a safe manner 🇨🇦🏌️‍♀️🎱🦌🤠

#4 Joyrider

Joyrider

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 896 posts
  • LocationBrookside (Off of the prospect Rd - Halifax area)

Posted 16 June 2017 - 08:44 AM

I think everything you need to know would be here...

http://www.rcmp-grc....stament-eng.htm

#5 greybeard

greybeard

GREYBEARD

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,651 posts
  • LocationPictou County

Posted 16 June 2017 - 10:22 AM

I would call the firearm center in Miramichi and or the CFO for Nova Scotia to be sure

Insanity/Hunting...doing the same thing over and over again hoping for a different outcome.

#6 Tripple D

Tripple D

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 949 posts
  • LocationHfx

Posted 16 June 2017 - 08:28 PM

I think everything you need to know would be here...http://www.rcmp-grc....stament-eng.htm

Thanks for that- it lead me to a link for the firearms act which did clarify things.
Prohib must be pre 1946 and then can be inherited by- spouse,brother, sister,child or grandchild,whom will/ can become grandfathered in to possess/ own said hg 12(7) ---- the person whom inherits need not be 12(6) nor does that person have to have an RPAL.

#7 Tripple D

Tripple D

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 949 posts
  • LocationHfx

Posted 16 June 2017 - 08:35 PM

I would call the firearm center in Miramichi and or the CFO for Nova Scotia to be sure

Thought of that; easier this way lol. But is there still a firearms centre,since the long gun registry got squashed? Now when you call1-800-731-oops forget the rest (4000 maybe lol) the call goes directly to the RCMP. NS firearms office is now leave your name and number and we will call you back- pain n the azz.
But thanks greybeard I do appreciate your advice.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users