• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Big Mike

Big Mike

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 19 August 2011 - 01:08 PM

From what I can read were aloud to hunt partrdige with a crossbow as it is small game and it begins on oct 1st.When u read the regs it says that u cannot hunt big game during the early archery season with a crossbow including bears.So am I aloud to hunt partidge with a crossbow starting october first or am I aloud to hunt partridge at all with a crossbow?

#2 Bob LeBlanc

Bob LeBlanc

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,964 posts
  • LocationZone 106

Posted 19 August 2011 - 02:07 PM

...am I aloud to hunt partidge with a crossbow starting october first or am I aloud to hunt partridge at all with a crossbow?

Hunting small game - permitted weapons

5 (1) Subject to the Act and regulations and to subsection (2), any person may possess in a wildlife habitat during an open season for hunting small game any of the following items:

(a ) a shotgun loaded with shot;

Clause 5(1)(a ) amended: O.I.C. 2010-244, N.S. Reg. 84/2010.

(aa ) a rifle/shotgun combination firearm, provided the person does not carry or use rifle ammunition during a season in which the use of a rifle is not permitted;

Clause 5(1)(aa ) added: O.I.C. 2003-186, N.S. Reg. 102/2003.

(b ) a bow and arrows with or without broadheads;

Clause 5(1)(B) amended: O.I.C. 2010-244, N.S. Reg. 84/2010.

(c ) a crossbow and bolts or arrows with or without broadheads.

Clause 5(1)(c ) added: O.I.C. 2010-244, N.S. Reg. 84/2010.

Yer good to go... ;)
Shoot straight...Shoot honest...Shoot every coyote you see.

#3 buckandbow

buckandbow

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 199 posts
  • LocationTantallon

Posted 19 August 2011 - 05:24 PM

From what I can read were aloud to hunt partrdige with a crossbow as it is small game and it begins on oct 1st.When u read the regs it says that u cannot hunt big game during the early archery season with a crossbow including bears.So am I aloud to hunt partidge with a crossbow starting october first or am I aloud to hunt partridge at all with a crossbow?

I don't think there is a season for partridge,you must mean grouse?
The one thing a public servant hates to do is to serve the public!

#4 Milo

Milo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 87 posts
  • LocationDartmouth, NS

Posted 20 August 2011 - 01:11 AM

I don't think there is a season for partridge,you must mean grouse?

Chances are pretty good he's talking about grouse, but you raise a good point. Everyone I know, and for as long as I can remember has always called them partridge. Why is it that most people around here call them partridge instead of their proper name? How did that come to be?

#5 Halftail

Halftail

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,314 posts
  • LocationBear Point,NS

Posted 20 August 2011 - 06:15 AM

Gonna try Head shots only Big Mike?lol
If you can't convince them,confuse them.

#6 KEVIN

KEVIN

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,773 posts
  • LocationTERENCE BAY, NOVA SCOTIA.

Posted 20 August 2011 - 09:03 PM

Because that's the way it's worded in the song...who ever heard....my true love gave to me......two turtle doves and a grouse innnnn a treeeeeeeee :P

All my young life while hunting with others, I was always told they were partridge.....I still call em that today. :rolleyes: ...Honestly tho, When I hear grouse...I think of the prairies((sharp tailed grouse)...who knows...
maybe it has something to do with the Hungarian partridge that used to be here....you know....getting a couple of each on an outing and just calling them all "partridge"...no differentiating between the two
If you take your kids hunting,.....You won't have to go hunting for your kids.....KS/85

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users