Nova Scotia Hunting Forum banner

Margaree White Bull Moose

8K views 36 replies 17 participants last post by  Moose Guide 
#1 ·

A guys from Pictou took this pic in the Margaree . Just wondering what everyone thinks.

This is blown up.

See less See more
#9 ·
Jwr i have heard of a white cow in margaree myself but never seen any pics of it myself.
Scott2003 that's what i noticed myself was how bare the tree's are.I was up in magaree about a week ago doing some fishing and the tree's still had alot of leaves on them.All this being said though it still can be true but i think something like this would have ended up in a newspaper.

#13 ·
I was contacted last year by someone about a white moose around there and did I want to come for pics.
Owen if you want to send the pic to me when I go down to wifi later I can get the info off it for you.
When it was taken etc...I have a program that will do that but it is on my computer vs work puter.
Once loaded to the site the info is wiped/changed...

litekpr@hotmail.com

#15 · (Edited by Moderator)
No matter where from this is pretty cool stuff.The odds of ever seeing anything like this is close to none.It would be very interesting to find out this is from cape breton and would love to see this myself.I now alot off people in margaree and when ever i have asked who seen it or where i could never get a straight answer.The type of forrest looks right though to be in margaree sho who know's

#17 ·
Hey Slinky.. Yeah I'd go along with u on that one. Not only that but if you look close at the picture, it sure don't look like a real moose to me. I mean look at the front, it looks like a horse or a cow the way it's built so broad, Moose in my estimation are much slimmer in the for quarters than that. Looks like some trick photography to me.
But I do know that there is at least one white moose in Margaree, my Cousin has seen it on a number of occasions and he lives there. What do you think of this photo??
c ya
I was thinking the same thing when I saw it.Looks like some photoshop work to me.

#19 · (Edited by Moderator)
Duck slammer,

That looks like the same one I was contacted about lastyear.
The pics I saw they were next to a pond/small lake.
I also had a look at the source for Owen's original pic lastnight and it appears authentic to me.

Slinkey,
Those white deer I was chasing for a few years...locals around here were very evasive and protective of them and their whereabouts with me until they caught on my intentions were about pics instead of a trophy for my wall.

#21 ·
I was thinking this kpr that they may just be trying to protect it
.I have never heard of the bull but i did hear about the cow a couple of times.Maybe one of these days i travell over that way i might get to see it how cool would that be.Pics are great but seeing something like this with your own eyes is even better.

#31 ·
I'm tryin Owen!!
Scouted when I arrived first morning at daylight.
Got a bit more info from locals that day/that evening.
Foot pounded alotta ground in there coming daylight this morning and gathered more info on it today and got a few more recent spots close by to check in the morning tomorrow.
It's a "busy" spot in there,ooodles of sign but zero sightings so far on ... anything

Send me some albino karma at daylight tomorrow!!!

#33 ·
Gonna have to be careful asking for "karma" next time....

Yestrday morning after loadin up the Jeep and lockin my room key in the room so no need to return later on...

Got in Jeep, fired it up,wiped windows and thought...must just be the way it's sittin....till I started backin up

After a fair walk to a business down the road and spotting a young bull tryin to mount a cow,me with NO CAM

STILL wouldn't hold air,it was comin out as fast as I was puttin it in.

Yup...I can change a tire but not much point if ya can't get the spare off to change it....

kpr needs a new tire iron and to replace the studs that hold the spare on...

Unfortunately no sightings/pics of of "******" for kpr...this trip.

#34 · (Edited by Moderator)
Real sorry to hear that KPR. Had the same problem with the spare mounted under the box on my dodge. Now they are coated with a lot of anti seize and I faithfully take them off every three years or so.I didnot realise youe were serious about coming down for pics of him.I will try to get some info where my friend has been seeing him for your next trip, if not salmon season he will probally show you.
Take care on the return trip home.

#35 · (Edited by Moderator)
kpr is always serious when it comes to pics...

You may find from your bud keeping the info in a PM or private may be a good thing.

I'll certainly appreciate all any info/help in finding him,for me it's all about the pics.
The locals were less than willing to give up info until they were convinced I meant the moose no harm.
I'm pretty sure if someone takes it and brings it to town thinkin they have a trophy of a lifetime...
They won't make it off the island alive.

I just need to know where he is,pretty sure I can get the rest done...been "practicing" it...

Home "safe",didn't make Cape Clear that was on schedule for yesterday.

Had been up in the Highlands/Hunter's mountain all afternoon
(Close call I'd say)
The bead was ripped on the tire and fixed with sealant.
Had the spare taken off at the garage with an impact wrench in case I needed it

Goin back up off road wasn't a wise option I didn't think,just leaves something to look fwd to for the next trip!
Beautiful country up there!!!
If I had to choose an alternate place to live in NS it would be very high on the list!!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.